Saturday 17 April 2010

Christina Zissis, esq.

Hello everyone!

Once upon a time there was a girl who made the (slightly terrifying) decision to leave Australia, in March 2010, for the United Kingdom and, locally, London. Once she found a place to live and acquired home internet, she bent to the clamouring of voices who cried: "What the heck/gosh darn/insert expletive are you doing over there?"

This is basically going to be a portal for pictures, I suppose, and if I get around to it, some (hopefully) vaguely interesting anecdotes.

Let's begin with this:


The smallest bedroom in the smallest hotel in all of London, or so I assume. That door on the right is to the bathroom, which while very convenient could not, due to the aforementioned smallness, open all the way, and many's the time I was brought to grief on the door handle. Still, it was warm and, apart from the odd (false) fire alarm, safe, and it had a tv. That massive lump in the corner is part of my suitcase, 32kg of which I had to drag up 5 flights of stairs. UNpleasant.

That first week I looked at various places for possible living and did my best to see the city in the infrequent spots of non-rain between the very frequent spots of rain. I'll go into that later, but first I did find a flat: a lovely, teeny tiny flat in a lovely street, on the lovely, gorgeous ground floor. Here it is:

The living room, although I have a real bin now:

The bedroom, down three steps and with Simplet (it's French for Dopey) by the bed:

My pretty appliances and makeshift utensil holder:

Well...you know...

Some more home furnishings:


Oh, and here are some cookies I made!

They were delicious :) And gone about five minutes after this photo was taken.

1 comment:

  1. C - your place looks lovely! Well done you! What's your address?

    PS. If you see the following people/boy bands, please slap them for me:

    1) Bear Grylls
    2) Richard Hammond
    3) Westlife

    Thanks, mate!

    ReplyDelete